Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Princess Diaries

I started reading the Meg Cabot book Princess Diaries. The book is about a girl my age (mia) who learns that the is the heir to a small country in Europe. I really enjoy they way how Cabot has written this book from the point of view of mia through her journal entries. I think that you really get to know the character because you are reading what she is really feeling and what she doesnt want to know. You get to read how Mia feels when she finds out her dad cant have anymore children and she is the heir to the throne. (big shocker). Mia can finally put all the pieces together about why her father was always under protection, or why she spent the summers in her familys fancy chateau in France. I think the highlight of the book that I have read so far is when Mia has to take " princess Lessons" from her grandmother who she well lets say dislikes and Mia's father the prince has to bribe her for her to go. I think this shows how much Mia doesn't want to be a Princess, while any other girl my age whould go crazy thinking it was a cinderella story or a fairytale, but Mia wants no part of it. Im excitted to find out what happens next in the book because once you start reading it is really hard to put the book down.

cabot, meg (2000). The Princess Diaries. New York, NY: harper trophy.

No comments: