Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Gender Roles

Well for this weeks blog we had to write about gender specefic roles. I didnt really get the topics so I looked it up on Wikepedia. the article was very helpful in telling me about the issues in gender roles. I found out that a gender role is a role that is specified to one specefic gender. I thought that it was very inciteful because they really showed that how back in the day gender roles were really highly used. you would have been told that dad goes to work all day long and mom would be doing the laundry and cleaning the house all day. I am so glad that in these days the workplace is now accepting to allowing new poeple into their work envoronment.


"Gender role." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 5 Feb 2009, 18:15 UTC. 10 Feb 2009 <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gender_role&oldid=268731548>.

1 comment:

Emma said...

nice paragraph!! When I got onto your page I was blown away by the fact that all your words were in pink, I think I was temporarily blinded. Yeah and I'm really glad too that women aren't required to stay home and clean...!!